Saturday, March 15, 2008

Those darned colors

Lately Moolah's bedtime routine has been: potty, PJs, book, song, and then get out of bed and move to the mat on the floor of Mama and Daddy's room as soon as the coast is clear. She claims that she is too lonely in her own room, although our room is empty at the time she moves in there. Last night at some point she made a further move into our bed, where she had an accident. Which is why, despite Daddy's heroic efforts to get all the linens through the wash, I am up waiting for the sheets to dry before I can go to bed. It is also why, when I went in to put the mattress pad on the bed a few minutes ago, I woke Moolah up and had the following conversation with her...

.... crying...

"Moolah, what's the matter?"

(sleepy stuttering with long, long, long pauses)

"I was mad."

"Why are you mad?"

"Because it was yellow."

"What color was it supposed to be?"

"Red."

At which point she stopped crying, smiled contentedly and went back to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago when Lil' was sick she was allowed to bring water to bed with her at night so that when she coughed she could get a drink to sooth her throat without Mama, who was also sick having to get out of bed. A few nights ago I heard sleep cry from her room. I went to ask what she needed and she said water. I fetched the water and brought it back and said to Lil' "here's your water" and which she said "Thanks Mama" pushed it onto the floor, rolled over and went to sleep with a smile on her face. Some things must be just so to sleep for these girls it seems.

Anonymous said...

That was me....but I didn't hit the right button to name it.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is happening....I'm Auntie BSU....