Thursday, January 1, 2009

Revalation


I am hard to shop for. I don't drop subtle or not-so-subtle hints. When asked, I have a hard time coming up with a wish list. On top of that, Daddy was snowed in for my birthday and not able to go shopping.

We talked about what I wanted, and I finally came up with something. It wasn't a surprise. I knew he was going to buy it. He had even told me a few days ago that he had gone online and decided he needed to buy in-person. So, when he handed it to me last night, it wasn't really a surprise. But I felt my face smile and that perfect present warm happy feeling when I saw it.

It was at that moment I had a revalation. For many women, the perfect container for the perfect present is a small box. Velvet or satin. Better yet, Tiffany blue.

Not me.

The perfect container for the perfect present for me is a rectangular envelope about 6 inches by 3 inches.

The show: Wicked
The date: April 2

Note for Daddy, because I'll forget at the moment when the wish list comes due: Blue Man Group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Wicked looks interesting!

As for me, the perfect present is not in a small blue box. It comes from the special tools section at a good hardware store. I absolutly drool over drill bits! I now have the perfect set of drill bits so I can now drool over other speciality tools. Tools...they are my jewelry and Bampa knows it. Aaahhhhh....tools.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that is an excellent gift. Particularly since I bought myself the same gift but for the evening of March 28.