Daddy is officially a fan of a major league sports team.
More than that, Daddy is a member of a scarf-weilding, chant-shouting, face-painting, hair-dying army who showed up this morning in battle gear for the official announcement.
Yes, Daddy was a fan of a major league sports team before it was a major league sports team, making him a true original fan. He showed up in his green shirt (yes, Nanna, Daddy now needs a lot of green shirts for the games), with his scarf and his song sheet -- not that he needs the song sheet anymore. Even Moolah knows that "When I root, I root for the Timbers."
The boys from the North End are making lots of noise (it's an Army thing...)
So, in honor of Daddy, and of Bampa who taught me that the Daddy is the boss of what teams the house is allowed to root for (at least until other household members are willing to take serious heat for defection), Striders House has been updated to show our Timbers loyalty (fortunately, we already had the color scheme... and boy is Mama glad that they aren't Orange & Black...)



4 comments:
The big announcement was very cool. Many many many green scarf-wearing maniacs showed up. Because of my camera rig, security asked whether I was a member of the Press.
I almost said yes...
Sir, we are going to need to review your credentials. You may not qualify as a geek anymore.
It's a big day when this particular Daddy goes all out for a sports team. When Mama was still a live-in member of the snowy state family she was very used to supporting sports teams. I am happy that Mama's family is now embracing this passion. Moolah (and Ace) will remember that song for a long time and the importance of wearing patriotic colors. Go Timbers!
Good Grief! I just watched the video! It's MEN in KILTS!, playing BAGPIPES! No wonder Daddy loves this team. I immediately adore them too. Will Daddy dye his hair green like the guy in the stands....might be a cool new look.
Post a Comment