At the end of the party the kids all got a beta fish. Moolah named hers Holly, who now has a nice home in our living room. The kids both are fascinated with Holly, which makes the $70 we spent on a free fish all worth it.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Meet Holly
We went to Sister Sprout's birthday party last weekend. They had a pet store bring a dozen animals for the children to hold and learn about. Moolah's reactions were interesting. The giant Burmese Python named Popcorn was very cool. So were the frog and chinchilla. The birds and the guinea pig turned her into a paralyzed, screaming, shaking mess. Especially the birds. A sweet little green parakeet and a white tropical bird of some kind named Gracie (sorry Fred...I don't know what kind although I should). Very much NOT OK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Wow! We won't be telling Zoe...our beta...about Holly. He would be jealous. All he got was a glass vase that Mama and Daddy got from the Wilde's as a wedding present and a bag of rocks from the dollar store. Although Lil's painted rock collection is all around the base of his vase.
Note to Daddy - Remember how you asked me if there were any interesting kids' movies coming out this summer to take Moolah to and I mentioned G-Force? Forget that recommendation. If the guinea pig scared the bejesus out of her, that movie isn't going to go over well.
Note to Mama - I'm guessing it was a cockatoo since they seem to be the most common white, pet-store birds. But I don't know parrots well at all.
...and now Moolah can tell you about what will be happening when Holly moves on to the next world. She announced to me that Holly would be floating and not swimming. It's nice to see that Daddy has prepared Moolah for all eventualities.
Post a Comment