Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The apple game

It took awhile to get the image, but here is the tangible part of the apple game, as promised. Teacher Jessie had several apples. They cut the apples and each child got to serve to the group. They tasted the apples and described them using adjectives (sweet, tart, crispy...).  They also learned the names and wrote them. The favorite was the Jonagold because the class includes a boy named Jonah.  They also wrote the names:  


4 comments:

Oosje said...

Moolahs letters are so beautiful and pretty straight! The entire concept of cutting, serving, tasting and then writing is so wonderful. It creates such a complete experience.

I am imagining Moolah serving. I can see her being very careful (and thinking the whole time) and then quite pleased with herself for completing her task.

Thanks again for sharing these experiences with us.

Daddy said...

wait til you hear what Moolah and I were doing LAST night!!!

Holy cow!!

Oosje said...

What...What...What were you doing??? I don't want to wait. Tell me NOW!

Mama said...

I've had requests for translation

Red delicious
Honeycrisp
Gold Delicious (all the letters are there, in groups, but not in order)