A few photos from our birthday adventures. More "real" photos to come (these were all taken with my phone
Birthday girls at the Nutcracker
Moolah says her favorite part was... "all the parts except the king...um... what was that? Oh. All the parts except the King Rat. And the other Rats. But not the mice. The mice were cute"
The Princess and the Frog
After Moolah's top two choices for birthday activities fell through (riding the tram and seeing Princess Leia at the Star Wars Store -- she was sick), we went to the Princess and the Frog. It was Mama's first theater outing with Mooolah (who has been to a theater with Daddy and with Princess Leah... not to be confused with Princess Leia), and it was Ace's first theater adventure at all. Both did great.
Movie review by Mama: Cinemark Kids Packs Rock. A small amount of popcorn, one candy, and a small soda all in a spill-resistant box. And no arguing between siblings! And you can get an Icee in the pack. It was fantastic. I tried to find a picture online and could only find blogs of parents ranting about the unreasonable nutrition, outrageous prices, and ecological armegeddon bound to be caused by theater concessions. I say the kids pack is the smartest idea I've seen in a long time.
Chipmunk Fun


Ace enjoying Moolah's birthday membership at the Childrens Museum






4 comments:
That sounds like the best day ever! But how was the movie?
Were Striders kids the only ones at the movies? The place looks empty! I agree with Mama (and I tend to be a possibly overactive environmentalist and nutritionist) that the Kids Pack sounds like a great idea? How will our bodies stay alert if we don't feed them some junk once in a while?
Moolah had a fantastic birthday that lasted for quite a while...days in fact.
I love the picture of you two at the Nutcracker. Mama...you look like a girl in that picture, not someone who has just turned #@!
Moolahs birthday dress looks like it fits her. Yea! Long distance seamstressing must be a little more difficult for me than it was for Grandma.
Whoa! Look at the size of Ace's feet in the theater seat. Those are some feet/shoes!
Moolah chose the very back row at the top of the stairs, so I had a good angle for the photo. The theater was maybe half full.
The movie was interesting. I'm kind of fascinated to watch the constant evolution of Disney as a marketing machine. This time they managed to set the movie in Disneyland... not really... but in "New Orleans Square" version of New Orleans, complete with scenes on the Mark Twain riverboat and the addition of a new restaurant "Tiana's Palace" in the middle of the square (it's unclear whether it's the Blue Bayou renamed or a new theme restaurant... much online controversy about that, too). It twisted the fairy tale like other recent Disney offerings, allowing the princess to have some strengths other than beauty and song, and weaknesses other than "being a girl". I did genuinely laugh at a few jokes and "awww" out loud at least once.
Ace's boots are size 9. Moolah's are size 9 1/2.
Post a Comment