Monday, February 15, 2010

Big kid beds

Santa brought big kid sheets & comforters (Tinkerbell & Cars), so we needed some big kid beds to go with them. Moolah still doesn't like to sleep in her own room because she's "not company". So, we decided on bunk beds so they could sleep in each others' rooms. That hasn't worked out so well because Ace will not sleep. He just needs to play. So, the sleepovers will have to wait til he outgrows that. In the meantime:

First we had to take pictures of Moolah's old bed so that we wouldn't forget the sticker collection.


Moolah likes sleeping on the top because the monsters can't see in to the tent.

Ace likes sleeping on the bottom and wasn't a fan of his tent. He is a fan of climbing the ladder to get on and off the changing table by himself.


The top bunk is a favorite place to play:


4 comments:

Oosje said...

Moolah and Ace's beds are fantastic!

Moolah... maybe the next time I come, we can have our sleepover in your room, instead of downstairs. That would be lots of fun. We could play in Ace's top bunk and then go to your room to sleep.

Ace...After my sleepover with Moolah maybe I could have a sleepover with you? I know you always like to sleep on the floor so I could sleep on the top bunk!

What do you think?

Mama said...

The top bunk is a grownup-free zone, but it is also fun to play on the bottom bunk. Fred had a sleepover in there on New Years and Moolah loved it. And, both Mama and Daddy have also been banished, um, I mean . Its very comfortable.

fred said...

Its true. Sleeping on the bottom bunk is quite comfortable. Just make sure you know which lights are on a timer before turning any of them off before bed. I (and everyone else sleeping upstairs) found that out the hard way.

Mama said...

Oh, yes... it's true. If you turn off Moolah's lights in the middle of the night without telling her, she will quietly and calmly climb off her top bunk before screaming down the hall in a panic.