I've been a neglectful blogger...
Moolah's first day of school. She's doing fantastic reading and being a "leader". She's learned to tie a bow (and her shoes). She's still as amazing as ever..
Ace is learning to use the potty and we took this picture to put in his "potty book". He's pretty good with putting yellow in the potty but still hesitant about the brown part...
Amanda came to visit and brought me a fantastic knitting & crocheting book from Iceland (courtesy of her "hotel boat" travels). There are some great crochet patterns in it and I didn't know how to crochet, so I learned and this was my first project.. a princess tiara...




3 comments:
Thank you! For all the new pictures and stories.
Congratulations to Moolah on her first day of school and being a big-girl leader.
Congratulations to Ace for his efforts at using the "sometimes-scary" potty.
And congratulations to you, Mama, for that poncho! It's beautiful and I would have thought the tiara would have been an advanced project.
Moolah and Ace look great. I miss them.
Love to you all,
Love the tiara and poncho! I've been thinking about trying crochet for the past couple of weeks after seeing a cool blog. I'm more inspired to do it now that I've seen your tiara project. Love the poncho too. Lil's been wearing a brown skirt with yellow balls around the bottom as a shawl for weeks now and I've been thinking I might want to do something like that for Christmas. I might borrow some of your decorative ideas.
The skirt has daisies on it, right? Moolah LOVED that skirt (Oosje made it for her).
I've been thinking about making a poncho/cape for Lil... I can do a pink/blue mix and even do a fuzzy border like that. Tell me her head measurement and how long.
Of course, you can make one too... this is the pattern I used, but I decided to do the fur on the bottom instead of the shells. I learned crochet through YouTube videos...
http://mytreasuredheirlooms.com/freepatterns/skirtandponcho.htm
Post a Comment