Monday, July 4, 2011

Moolah's Graduation (At Last!)

Moolah on her first day of SunGarden
January 2005


... and on Graduation Day...
June 17, 2011

with Ace and Jack, who will be going on to elementary school with her

Moolah invited Mama, Daddy, Atticus and Luisa to her graduation. Luisa was so touched to be able to represent all the people who love her and have watcher her grow.

Moolah led the line of graduates to their chairs. They walked step, together, step, together. Then they all sat in their chairs. Teacher Jessie said a few things about their time as a group.


The 2011 SunRoom Graduates:
Jack, Nicky, Nate, Natalie, Aiden, Jackson & Moolah. Kyra graduated the day before.



Then Teacher Jessie said a few words about each graduate. Moolah was first. Jessie emphasized that Moolah is a good and loyal friend, and that she started every single day with a smile, excited to be at SunGarden.


Each child got a scrapbook and a brass leaf in an origami box all tied tightly with a ribbon. No one could open their book until everyone got theirs.

Our proud graduate

Waiting patiently and listening...
We really, really, REALLY want to see these books!
After Jessie finished with the last graduate, she asked all the children if they had anything they wanted to say. Moolah's hand went up without hesitation. She said "I think SunGarden is a wonderful place and I think it will be a good place for my brother next year." Jessie told me later that she did exactly the same thing at rehearsal. No other child wanted to speak. They wanted to open those fantastic books!

Then the students got to hang their brass leaves on the gazebo outside. The leaf sculpture was donated by last year's class. The parents got to put their child's name and year on the leaf as a surprise.

A reenactment of the leaf hanging...


The amazing SunRoom Guides:
Muriah, Jessie & Christina

After the ceremony, the graduates from the SunRoom and GardenRoom met outside and finally got to open their books. Moolah was so surprised to see messages from her family that weren't able to come. There were also pages from us, many pages from the staff with pictures, poems, and memories. We had managed to get some of the younger friends and a few classmates to make contributions (we had to be super sneaky!). There was also an "autographs" page, which was a huge hit... all the children ran around signing each other's books. The scrapbook is amazing. Thank you all for your contributions & make sure to have Moolah show it to you next time you visit!

3 comments:

Nanna, Papa, GiGi, Aunt Fanny and the family said...

Wow, it was almost as if we were there. Thank you for these pics. Very special school with very special people, turning out some incredible youngsters into the world. We're very impressed. Moolah looks so beautiful. We love you all so much.

Oosje said...

Thank you, Thank you. We, too, feel that we were there. I am so very pleased to have been represented by Louisa, who is such an amazing woman in Moolah's life.
I saw the difference in Moolahs height from the first day to the last, growth in her poise, her beautiful dress (I was alittle surprised by her sneakers...)

The books are look wonderful and I will be so happy the day that I see it. It will be an important reminder to her - forever.

The leaf hanging touched my heart. I imagine a tree, in 20 years, covered with leaves all representing the children, now adults, contributing to the world, each in their own unique way.

Now, like Moolah, I look forward to Ace's growth at that same amazing place.

Unknown said...

I felt so bad we did not get her scrapbook page up. We are very proud of her though and loved the pictures.