Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where the H*** is Strider's Family

Those of you who have seen this will watch it again now just because it's awesome. Those of you who haven't seen it... watch it now because it's awesome.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.


Awesome, right.

Amazing.

Inspiring.

Historical.

What could be a better lesson to our children about the common bonds of humanity than sitting with them and a map and watching Matt dance with smiling people across the world?

Just one thing...

Joining him.

This is Matt greeting us and giving some instructions...


Matt (in the corner of the picture in sunglasses) giving us the countdown


We did four shots with him, including the hand jive. Then he talked and danced with anyone who wanted to. Several people taught him new dances/choreography and he did whatever they asked. Lots of people just did the "Matt Dance". I was near the end of the line. By then, he had been dancing with people in the sun for almost 2 1/2 hours, and he was as friendly and engaged as when he started.

And he was still dancing!


(Moolah, Ace & Daddy all danced with Matt on his video, but didn't stand in the looooooong "meet Matt" line with Mama. Mama is grateful that she was able to stand in the long line and dance with Matt. I think you can tell that, though. Thanks, Daddy.)

4 comments:

Auntie BSU said...

That is so awesome as evidenced by your great smile!

Nanna and Papa said...

Well, that was just amazingly awesome! What fun! Beautiful big happy face on Mama. Gosh, why didn't the rest of the family get in that line? That would have been even more awesome. I loved it!!!! Now I'm gonna go show the family. xoxo

Daddy said...

Daddy and the kids had fun too. The boy and I ended up toward the back of the crowd. Mama and the girl were toward the front. We all waited around afterward while Mama was in line to get T-shirts for everyone. But the kids were too tired to wait in the super long line to meet Matt. So, we split...

Oosje said...

Thanks, Mama. I had seen Matt do his dance and was inspired. Now, seeing you do the dance with Matt was again inspiring. What a great experience for Moolah and Ace...all that fun and dancing together, realizing that we are not seperate, that we are all one.