Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Taking Notes

For Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Moolah's homework was to write a biography.  She had 2 pages of reference material and a 5 page booklet with space for a picture and a couple of sentences per page.  

To start the project, I read her the reference material. 

"Wait, Mama!" she says "I need to take notes."

She went to get a notebook. I read a sentence. She said "Pause!"  She wrote a note. I read another sentence.  "Pause!"  And so it went. 

Her biography was fantastic, but I liked the notes even better.  


Translation:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Birthday, January 15, 1929

Leader equal rights

Treated the same

Born in Atlanta, Georgia

Unfiar

Not same school

Not go to same places

Not use same things

Segregation. Minister. Boycott

Violent.

Peace prize.

Did better.

2 comments:

oosje said...

Our Miss Moolah is so amazing.
I got through most of the notes and was grateful for the translation. I am imagining her saying "pause".

I am also imagining her soaking in this information and how it will effect the way in which she lives her life.

Once again,
Thank you.

Auntie BSU said...

Taking notes.....how cool is that!