With Mama's help, Daddy and Boo now have R2's room ready for occupancy. It is painted, furnished, and stocked with clothes and diapers. Oosje and Bampa have arrived with the cradle that Opa Hans made for Mama in 1970, and which has slept many babies since then, including Boo and Lil' 11. The plans for Boo's care and feeding are handled. The presents for her "Big Sister Party" are wrapped and in the car. The hospital bag and camera are packed and waiting by the door. The doctor has said "Anytime now. Maybe as long as a week, probably before your due date."
The remaining question is whether Mama is ready. Not that the answer matters. R2 is clearly in charge of this show. But, is Mama ready?
I am very aware that I am in my last days of my last pregnancy. I have been very fortunate in both my pregnancies and had healthy, relatively easy experiences. There are common issues and discomforts that I won't miss, and will spare you discussion of. There are also things that I am sad that I won't have again. I will miss feeling the baby move. I will miss the heaps of praise that pregnant women get for doing the mundane. When you are expecting, people tell you that you look great all the time, and any amount of exercise is lauded as "amazing". It's a great confidence booster. I will miss the anticipation. And, I will miss sleep, some minimal amount of personal time, and being able to send my child to get her own shoes or pick up her own toys.
I've been thinking about those things for a few days now. Yesterday I had a dream. I was stuck in traffic with Boo and late getting to the hospital. So, somehow, they delivered without me. I got there and learned that I had not one, but two babies. Boo wanted attention. She was climbing my legs and asking me to sing Bus with her one more time. I looked at the nurse and said "So, what's the schedule here? Do they need to eat or something? Do they need shots or anything like that?" I was completely confused and had no idea what to do next.
I know that when he arrives, I will be ready. Until then, I'm enjoying the time and family I have with me now.
And, for those of you who aren't with me, here are some photos of the finished room. Good job Daddy, Oosje & Boo!
New fish friends
Around the Room
Daddy and Boo Putting up Stars



1 comment:
Wonderful wonderful room for R2. I am amazed at the incredible art work. The water is fabulous Oosje! And the fish!! Wow, amazing job Daddy!! I can't wait to see them in person. Really great job drawing and painting the fish. Our new little occupant is going to love his room. Very fun and colorful. Speaking of occupant, it won't be long now. We're expecting a phone call tonight. :0)
Post a Comment