12:00 a.m. Mama and Daddy finish the baking/wrapping/assembly.
.
7:00 a.m. Moolah wakes up, doesn't really remember that it is Christmas. She says things like "when it is Christmas," and "Santa will come," during our conversation. I don't correct her right away. I figure this is the last year I'll be able to get away with that and I should appreciate it while I can.
.
7:30 a.m. Presents. 
8:30 a.m. First viewing of "How the Grinch stole Christmas" of the day, approximately the 38th viewing since we bought the DVD on Saturday. Moolah likes to say how the Grinch is "not very nice to his pumppy."
Mama makes coffee and gingerbread. Two more showings of the Grinch buy some time.
11:00 a.m. Daddy gets the turkey on his new rotisserie grill (early birthday present), Mama is working on bread and more.
1:00 p.m. Snow. No-kidding-giant-flakes-that-stick-on-the-ground snow.
2:00 p.m. The B's arrive. Their two children and two parents distract our two children allowing a bit more focus on dinner.
4:00 p.m. Dinner.
- Rotisserie turkey (very yummy, Daddy)
- Granma's Stuffing
- Oosje's cranberries
- Peas in butter sauce
- Mashed potatoes
- Clove rolls
- NEW! Green beans with blue cheese and hazelnuts. Mama loves it. The rest of Strider's family could do without it.
- NEW! Savory honey and whisky roasted sweet potatoes. These went' over better than the green beans.
5:00 p.m. Big Brother B. brought the giant space Lego set that Santa gave him. The Daddies play with him. Moolah and Miss A. are unleashed. Dress up clothes, Daddy's sand tray, and all the pieces of Candy Land are spread in a fine layer all over the house. Eventually they end up mostly naked, with Miss A. wearing Moolah's panties.
8:00 p.m. The B's head home after only one or two minor meltdowns. Mama and Daddy put the leftovers in the refrigerator and leave the rest for later.



3 comments:
Oooh, you can't have a picture of Moolah opening a bit red covered present which is far bigger than her...and not show the reaction shot or even better the actual prize behind door number three! What WAS under that red curtain?
I am glad that Christmas was a success! I had a fantastic Christmas too. I'll try and call this weekend and fill everyone in on my side of the world, but until then, best wishes for Christmas, new teeth, and the new year!
Yes, that was a mistake. It is a "toy organization system". This one in green, yellow and honey. Santa mixed colors from the primary and pastel collections to fit in Moolah's bug room. He also sent a letter a few days in advance telling her she needed to clean up her room to make space for something big.
She's so adorable in an apron! Pictures like that almost make me wish I had a little girl, myself.
Todd's version of asking if it was Christmas was: "Is it Tuesday?" because we told him Christmas was on Tuesday this year.
Post a Comment