Saturday, December 22, 2007

New Year, New Names

I started this blog last January. Boo was just over 2. She had pigtails and an infectious laugh. We knew R2 was on the way, but we didn't know whether we would have another girl or a boy. So, when I thought of their blog identities, I was working with what I had at the time.

At 3, Boo is a thousand times more individual, more self-actualized, than she was a year ago. She has a name she calls herself, and it's time for the blog to catch up. So, from now until it's time to change again, Boo will be:

Moolah
.
R2 has also outgrown his gestational name. He isn't ready to choose his own name yet, but it's time for an update. He could be Blue, Finch, or Rudder, but I've decided that I like one based on the names we chose for him:
.
Ace
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moolah and Ace. I like it. I've never heard Moolah refer to herself as "Moolah". I'll listen better next time. And "Ace" is, of course, an Ace. Whether he is an ace of spades or hearts or clubs or diamonds is yet to be known. I'm going for hearts right now. He certainly has mine.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, she frequently declares herself "Moolah," and I am just as often told that I'm "Doodah." Sometimes, she is Queen Moolah of the Oompa Loompas...