Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No More Excuses!

I need to get up and work out in the morning. No more excuses. Invalid excuses include:

  • I don't wanna
  • I'll just hit "snooze" once
  • The kids were up last night at ___ o' clock and ___ o'clock
  • I don't wanna
  • Bed is so comfortable!
  • I'm going to Boot Camp tonight anyway
  • I don't wanna
  • I haven't gotten my "official" workout from Danielle yet
  • It'll be too cold
  • It'll be too hot
  • I don't wanna

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't wanna"-- that's not an excuse, that's being honest :-D

I don't suppose working out in the afternoons or evenings is an option instead of mornings?

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for the accountibility call in the mornings. It works well for me too...

I support you in getting up and getting your day started in a way that will work for you, a way that will make a difference.

I disagree with Helly....I don't think it is honest. I think it is cheating yourself. You deserve much more than that.

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't mean that the resulting ACTION was honest, just the excuse itself ("honest excuse"-- oxymoron?). Of all the excuses not to do it, "I don't want to" is at least the most truthful :)

Mama said...

Interesting. Yes, I don't wanna is honest, but not fully honest because I do want to be healthier.

I appreciate everyone's support. Oosje, I'll text you tomorrow ...

Additional invalid excuses:
* I just did Boot Camp last night
* I don't think I have a clean sports bra

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to move into our new place, which has a gym AND a swimming pool! My own litany of excuses will soon dwindle.

Any workout buddies who could accompany you?

Mrs. Tom said...

At least you're putting your excuses out there ... I just hold it all in and don't get up. :) I love the idea of an accountibility call - maybe we can come up with an accountibility blog ... hmmmm

Anonymous said...

An accountability call/blog-- so how would that work, exactly?

Anonymous said...

So I started to write that I honor your wanting to be healthier and how I am proud of your commitment to no more excuses. While that is all true, I want to be more than that for you right now. So, here's my workout that based on two ten lb weights and a bench (a park bench will be perfect). I'd even say that without weights it would be a good place to start.

1) DB press: With your elbows level with your shoulders and in a 90 degree angle (your hands will be slightly above your head) press up to meet your hands above your head.

Immediately go into
DB step ups: Facing the bench step up (do not push off with your other foot). Then step down. Step up and down with the same leg before you switch.

1 minute rest

2) Pushups

Immediatly go into
DB squat : With the weights at your side do squats

1 minute rest

3) DB row: With one leg up on the bench (resting your knee to your foot on the bench) do rowing motions. Switch arms and repeat. This one is hard to explain but I think you will know what I'm talking about.

Immediately go into
DB Hammer curls:

1 minute rest

4) DB Reverse Lunge. Holding the weights at your side so the weights are by your hips lunge backwards.

Using the bench as your base do dips.

1 minute rest

5) Wide Squats : With your feet positioned like a ballet plie (knees over feet) and holding the by the end so a squat.

Immediately go into
V-Sits : This one you need a bench that doesn't have sides or you can do it on the floor or stairs.

With your bottom on on the very end of the bench put your arms behind you (maybe about 18 or so inches) so that you are leaning back. Then with your toes/knees together bring your knees to your chest.

2 minute break.


** Perform 10 - 12 reps of each exercise (make sure you do both legs/arms if it isolates them) and do this 4 times in a circuit.

I needed to remember to keep my weight on my heels.

I love you!

Mama said...

Yup. I put all my excuses out there for accountability. I also text message Oosje in the morning when I get up. I had stopped doing that, and I had stopped getting up.

Strider is my workout buddy, and I actually love it. For me it's the getting going that is hard. Once I am going, it's nice. A whole hour with no one asking anything of me at all.

For health stuff, there's a site called sparkpeople.com. You can do a blog there and share it with friends. I don't do their blog, just their tracker. But, I'll be an accountability tracker for Strider's friends. Just tell me how!

Anonymous said...

I got the call this morning. (actually a text message) It was my fault that I did not keep up my end of the accountibilty calls. I apologize for not supporting you, which included time to get well, and then it was time to start again.

New beginnings all the time, over and over and over.

Mama said...

Your end was simply to receive the accountability messages. Now you are receiving them again.