Moolah had heard Daddy make a request, so she checked on my assignment.
"Mama, did you get matches at Safeway?"
"Yes"
"Can I play with them?"
"No. Matches are not for playing with. They are very dangerous. You can never play with matches."
"But I have play matches in my room. Can I play with those?"
"Sweetheart, matches are very very dangerous. Please don't even pretend to play with matches."
~concerned look~
"But, I have matches in my room for playing with. They are shapes."
Shapes? Well, she was pretending to pick strawberries that fit in Ace's shape sorter the other day, so it must be a shapes week."
"You can't play with matches no matter what shape they are."
She went to her room and brought back a set of dominoes with shapes that she likes to match up.
"OH! Yes. You can play with those matches. They are safe for you. I got a different kind of matches at Safeway, the kind that make fire."
"Silly Mama, you made a mistake!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Another amazing insight into Moolah's mind. I didn't get the punchline until the end, of course. "Matches" can mean more than one thing! Moolah is teaching me to open my "box" of thinking.
Such a cute story! Love it!
Post a Comment