Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mama's morning

On our run this morning, Strider and I saw a wild turkey walking around the neighborhood. Strider wanted to go play with it. The turkey did not want to play with Strider.

After I got home, showered, and dressed, I decided my skirt would go better with my wedding shoes than the ones I was wearing. I've worn my wedding shoes (white sandals) several times. No more... they don't fit at all. Sad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I had chickens that would cross in front of my desk. My desk was in the front lobby. Then a few days before Thanksgiving - poof - they were gone - never to be seen again.

Poor chickens.

True story.

Anonymous said...

Bet the wild bird didn't know what to make of a dog whose "play" didn't involve making a turkey sandwich! ;-)

btw, I love the little birthday tickers! I went on the website and got one for myself :-) Well, for Todd...

Mama said...

I tried to put the tickers up when I originally created the blog, but Blogger and Lilypie didn't get along. I discovered this morning that Lilypie had finally created a Blogger friendly ticker. Maybe they did it a year ago... who knows.

Anonymous said...

We don't have wild turkeys but get stray sheep and cows wandering around my village sometimes.

Perhaps I should find a ticker to count down to my 40th - not quite the same though..

Im impressed you still have your wedding shoes

Anonymous said...

Lisa: just take a cue from Allan-- he's gonna start going down before he hits 40. So next year, 39, as normal. Year after that-- back to 38, and so on...

I've heard some women whose skirts were long enough, just went barefoot or wore sneakers under their dress. Now THAT sounds divine! I still have my wedding shoes too, but I hate heels and rarely wear them anyway...

Anonymous said...

Well considering you are just a few weeks shy of 9 years, I'd say that's a pretty good run for a pair of shoes. I had my yellow ked like sneakers from Bampa for a while but they shrunk after a lot of washes so they became river shoes and are since gone.