Monday, November 10, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy...

This weekend I received an Award of Excellence from the Rainy State Mediation Association. This is a really big deal in my field, and I suddenly understand why actors say "it's such an honor to be nominated." Lots of people tell me that I do good work. Many of those people have no idea what I do, but it seems to them like I must do it well. This award came from my peers, and even more importantly, it came from some of the people who have been my professional mentors and heroes since I decided I wanted to be a mediator. To have those people tell me how much I deserved the award was just amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Talent and skill should always be recognized. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

It is indeed an honor to be recognized by your peers and mentors, teachers. Miss Perryclear predicted that you would accomplish much and be an important contributor to our world. She was right.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

You are loved and respected by many people, which sounds a bit like a fortune cookie, but is true. I am happy to be one of them. Congratulations!