This Sunday Tessy and Tab had a party with a paper turkey activity and hot cider, plus free issues from Tessy and Tab's library. Strider's girls went. A very nice 8-ish year old boy named Mason gave us the step-by-step instructions for the turkey activity. Put on apron. Place hand in paint and press on paper plate. Choose feathers. Wipe hands clean with lots of baby wipes. Choose right-handed or left-handed beaks. Cut out the feathers, waddle and beaks. Use glue dots to glue them on. It's easier to put the paper on the glue dot than to try to take the glue dot off and put it on the paper because they are sticky. Add your name and legs with a pen.
Cutting was fun.
No surprise to Strider's friends, Mama followed the instructions as provided. Moolah chose a different artistic route which was much more interesting and Mama wished she had thought of that.
One of Tessy and Tab's kids got to be the event photographer. I saw Moolah's future (although she'd better be really careful with Daddy's camera!)
The best part, though, was the glue dots. Moolah loved them. She wanted to do more so she could use more glue dots. Oh, and the idea of putting the paper on the glue dot turns out to be no fun at all. It is much better to put the peel sticky glue dot on your fingers and then onto any available scrap of paper. It's like homemade stickers. Glue dots rock. She might ask Santa for some (OK, more likely she'll ask for a Disney Princess Snow White and Sleeping Beauty Slumber Party Dress Up Castle With Optional Horse Stable, 3-Car Garage, Cinderella Lexus, Ariel Porsche, and Tinkerbell Mini Cooper).




3 comments:
I've never heard of "glue dots". What a concept. I still think of the bottle of elmers glue and lots of messy "pours". I have an envelope (for Moolah's next Monday mailing) full of stuff to glue, remembering how she liked gluing the Halloween project. I do not know if Glue Dots will work on this assortment.....but Elmers will!
Beautiful Turkeys, by the way. I like them all. What a good "cutter" Moolah is getting to be.
They have a Tinkerbell Mini Cooper?!?! Awesome! I finally know what my next car is going to be.
I wish I had glue dots when I was substitute teaching in first grade a few weeks ago. I learned the alternative to glue dots is telling the kids how many dots of glue they could do with the Elmers. But glue dots sound way better.
Post a Comment