Friday, January 23, 2009

Dinner games -- Updated (more accurate phonetics)

"Buh" Ace says at the dinner table, hiding behind his hands (or napkin, or whatever else he can find).

"Boo" says Moolah

"Boo" says Ace

"Apple" says Moolah, emerging from behind her hands. (Apple? Why? Because Moolah is a silly goose)

Ace didn't miss a beat

"Pa-ble"

We did that for a few minutes more.

"Mama, do like me, do like me! Apple!"

Mama was a little tired of the repetition by now. We had all cheered Ace's sounds and it was time to move on.

"Granny Smith," I said.

We moved on through every kind of apple Daddy and I could think of, then on to Apple products (iPod, Macbook).

Everyone finished their dinner and laughed and learned at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun was had by all. I love being at the table as a family. Those times are some of my fondest memories.

How about applesauce?