December 18, Moolah and I will have a birthday date to:
4 comments:
Oosje
said...
Oh my Gosh! Do you remember, Mama, when we went to see the Nutcracker? Our big drive to Salt Lake City. Dressing up, The Box seats, the chinese food after? Celery, celery and more celery? I will never forget sharing that experience with you. I hope you have an equally memorable time with Moolah.
Of course I remember that! 12/17/1983 and we stayed in a Motel 6 but parked in some fancy hotel and walked through the lobby on our way to the theater. It is still one of the best birthday presents I ever got.
Yup, Motel 6. Now 26 years and 1 day later you are going again...and not staying in Motel 6.
We did look good in our dress-up clothes walking through the lobby. I could be a much better "hostess" now. I was so nervous about so many things. I had never driven to SLC before, didn't know the exits, didn't know how to pick a restaurant. What I did know was that I would share an experience with my daughter that we would remember. And so it goes.
Mama Daddy Moolah as Big Sister Ace as Little Brother and... Strider as himself
** Guest Starring **
As Mama's Family Tree Drama, Poppa and Opa as "Greats" Oosje and Bampa as "Grands" Uncle & Aunt BSU, and Lil' Eleven as "Cousin" Belle, as herself
As Daddy's Family Tree Gigi & Grandpa as "Greats" Nanna and Papa as "Grands" The Captain, Aunt Fanny, and Cousins Lois and Posey McUncle, McAunt and McCousins Aunt D & Uncle D as "Great Aunt & Uncle"
4 comments:
Oh my Gosh! Do you remember, Mama, when we went to see the Nutcracker? Our big drive to Salt Lake City. Dressing up, The Box seats, the chinese food after? Celery, celery and more celery? I will never forget sharing that experience with you. I hope you have an equally memorable time with Moolah.
Of course I remember that! 12/17/1983 and we stayed in a Motel 6 but parked in some fancy hotel and walked through the lobby on our way to the theater. It is still one of the best birthday presents I ever got.
Yup, Motel 6. Now 26 years and 1 day later you are going again...and not staying in Motel 6.
We did look good in our dress-up clothes walking through the lobby. I could be a much better "hostess" now. I was so nervous about so many things. I had never driven to SLC before, didn't know the exits, didn't know how to pick a restaurant. What I did know was that I would share an experience with my daughter that we would remember. And so it goes.
What a special time you'll have and what a sweet tradition too. Have fun!
Post a Comment