Monday, March 19, 2007

Sleep update

Early on in R2's construction, I went from one pillow to two. Last week I went to three and four in one day. My upper body was comfortable, but it made my hips hurt. So, I'm back down to two pillows.

Boo liked climing the pillow mountain on the bed and jumping off. It scared me. I thought I would try to use illustrative learning. So, I said "What happens to the 5 little monkeys who jump on the bed?"

"Jump on bed!!!"
"Yes, but when they jump on the bed, what happens?"
"Monkeys jump on bed!"
"Yes, they do. Do they fall off and bonk their heads?"
"Monkeys jump on bed! Jump! Jump! Jump!"
"Yes, and when they jump on the bed, they fall off and bonk their head. I don't want you to fall off and bonk your head. That would be ouch."
"Monkeys jump on bed just like Boo!"
"Will Boo fall off the bed and bonk her head like the monkeys?"
"No. Boo jump on bed. Jump! Jump! Jump! All by self!"
"No, Boo. No jumping on the bed."
(Smile to Full Pout in .1 seconds)
"Boo jump on bed!!!"

Oh well. So much for reasoning with a toddler. Maybe next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am learning from Boo that we all think the same, that the world revolves around us... Boo just has not yet learned to be totally manipulative about it.( is the pout the beginning?) She is still living in the present moment. I learn alot from Boo. Thank you.

Mama said...

Don't be fooled, Oosje! Boo has full capacity to manipulate. Some of her actions are still pure. But she can turn it on fast when she wants to.

Anonymous said...

This is true. I have been at the receiving end of her manipulation. I used the word "totally" because sometimes she is just being pure. and that is joyous.