Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Carpet

1 big sister
+
1 little brother
+
1 large dog
+
2 parents
+
Rainy City
=
Invest in a steam cleaner
So, once the investment happened, I wondered... does the expensive goop they make to put in it really make a difference? What about the settings that use more or less of the expensive goop? One night during a 3 am snack, I realized that I had both the time and the carpet to put those questions to the test. Frankly, I was pretty giddy about it. The results are below. From left to right, there are tests of "light clean", "normal clean", "heavy traffic", and ammonia. Expensive carpet goop passed the test, providing far superior results to ammonia. "Heavy traffic", however, proved to provide negligible results for the additional cost.
Now the entire living room has been cleaned (expensive goop on "normal clean") and I can't wait to get to the rest of the house. Yech!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woweeeeee! I can't wait to come over and roll on the floor! I might even wear my black clothes.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't recommend that. Not to besmirch Mama's cleaning abilities or the power of the awesome steam cleaner, but Strider has been ejecting clumps of hair since summer arrived. And, black clothing is the natural habitat of any pet hair.

Anonymous said...

You are right again, Fred. Back to my grey clothes.

Mama said...

Fred speaks the truth. We could make another small dog out of the hair that Strider sheds even after we brush out enough to make him a sizeable friend. It never stops coming. He is, however, quite helpfully being disdainful of the clean carpet. He refuses to lie on it. Maybe he doesn't like the smell. He has been forced to try out new places to sleep.