
"Grow tomatoes" has been on the list of things I would like to do in my life for years. I also put it on my list of things to do during my leave. Of course, both of those lists are unreasonably long. But, yesterday, I planted 5 kinds of tomatoes:
- Brandywine
- Oregon Grape
- Sweet Olive
- Cherokee Purple
- Snow White
I also replanted my flowerboxes outside my kitchen, which have been dormant for over a year. While I was doing that, I realized it was time to get rid of the damaged garden mushrooms from Oosje. It was just a little less than half my mushroom "crop". I guess the Oregon rain doesn't agree with mushroom glazes. This was especially hard to do since Oosje has recently gotten out of the mushroom business, so my supply is no longer unlimited. But, I still do have some good ones left.



2 comments:
I have an entire box of mushrooms I for you. I forgot them last May when I drove over. Your supply is still unlimited.
Your planter boxes look beautiful. I'm jealous of the tomatoes. They will taste fabulous.
I'm sure glad that the sunny state is treating my mushrooms well. I still have them all, at least the ones I kept after sharing my wonderful supply that Oosje sent down. They look beautiful in all my flower pots on the patio! Mama can attest to that. I love each one and Aunt Fanny loves hers too. She's told me so. Thank you again Oosje.
And...Mama I'm glad you got your tomatoes planted while you're still on leave. I wish I could say my tomatoes did well, but the leaves turned yellow so I know there's a deficiency there somewhere. They did produce some tasty tomatoes, but the plants themselves don't look well. I need to read up on it. Good luck with your tomatoes!
Post a Comment