Driving home from Boot Camp:
"Why did you close the roof window [sunroof], Mama?"
"Because we're getting on the freeway. It's too noisy to have the roof window open on the freeway."
"Where is the freeway."
"It's right here. We're on it now."
"I think lasterday they took it down."
"They took what down?"
"The freeway, Silly Goose."
"You think they took the freeway down?"
"Yes. Lasterday."
"Why did they take the freeway down."
"I don't know. I guess they wanted to."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I think it was the "Silly Goose" that made me laugh the most.
Todd's version of it was throwing it back at me. I'd call him silly (not even "silly goose" sometimes) and he'd immediately retaliate with "No, YOU'RE a silly goose!"
What is it with kids and that nickname!?
It made me laugh the most, too. I can't even begin to describe the delivery. It was so .... natural. Not self-conscious or trying to be funny at all. Just, "What do you mean? Isn't it obvious? The freeway, silly goose."
Another insight into Moolah's Mind. I always enjoy those trips to her thinking place.
I've also enjoyed her using the "Silly Goose" expression for a while now.
Post a Comment