Monday, November 3, 2008

Holiday Baking Tip

I made leftover pie last week, inspired by my favorite celebrity chef, and probably favorite celebrity, Alton Brown.
The tip: when making crust, grate the butter instead of cutting. Tiny pieces, easy to integrate. It turned out great! Although, the jack-o-lantern face didn't convince Moolah to eat it once she saw inside. It was a good try, though.

Ooh! Extra bonus! While I was looking for the link to his website, I learned that Alton is FINALLY doing a Good Eats on ginger. WOO HOO!

Yes, I'm a nerd. But, Alton is too. Which is why I love him so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what was in the "leftover pie"?? Looks yummy to me.

Mama said...

Pork that Daddy smoked over the summer, some veggies, and apricot jam (because the port originally had an apricot sauce). I thought the sweet apricot flavor would make it tot-friendly.

Daddy loved it. He scored it a "9" which is the highest score he's ever given me for "game night dinner" (what can you make out of whats on hand).