Last Night
Bedtime
Moolah had finished her dinner and her treat, gotten her PJs on as instructed. She came to the living room and picked up her toy phone as I was saying "let's go brush your teeth and get a book."
"Just a minute," she said "someone is calling me."
OK. I can give her another 10 seconds of good creative play.
"Hi. I'm going to bed. Are you? No, I'm going to watch another show before bedtime. Really. OK. Bye." (hanging up her phone and turning to parents) "Can I do that too?"
"What?"
"Zoey is watching a show before bedtime. Can I do that, too?"
Daddy lost it and had to bury his head in a stuffed animal. I was at a complete loss and stalled during tooth brushing, then made Daddy make the call. She got to watch one Word World (about 8 minutes). That kind of creative manipulation will get her places in life, and we want her to go places...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
LOL, sounds like something I'd do with Allan: "Here, that's YOUR boy, you deal with him" ;-P
Is Zoey a real friend? Or a stuffed animal? Or...?
Zoey and Dima are the real best friends
best friends
best friends
Haha-- that makes the manipulation all the cuter. Todd will talk on the "phone" with his stuffed animals, and request things that are purportedly on their behalf.
I do wince at the thought of such "creative manipulations" a dozen years from now ;-)
Oh, I can tell you all about teenage manipulation....
Moolah is definitely going places
Mama...you, too, were good at creative manipulation. Moolah, however, is better.
When Moolah was visiting Kamp Ketchum, we regularly talked on our pretend phones (rectangular wooden blocks...Moolah always wanted red. I got blue) We would have wonderful conversations together. She never tried the trick she used on you, though.
Post a Comment