Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One of the lesser-anticipated milestones...

Moolah threatened me yesterday.  Outright and pretty seriously. 

"If you don't let me get out of this stroller right now, I'll never be nice to you again." 

Really?  Hmm.  That's interesting...

Of course, we had to have a talk about threats, including defining what a threat was, and that it would not work.  The interesting part was that once she realized that it didn't work, she was (apparently) deeply traumatized.  We talked about it, she apologized, we hugged, and moved on.  This morning on the way to school, she was still thinking about it. 

"When I told you I'd never be nice to you again, I was just kidding."

Then I had to define the difference between kidding and changing your mind, which was another challenge.

.... And all I wanted in the first place was milk, lettuce, and olives. 

Sigh. 

3 comments:

auntie bsu said...

We've been talking alot about kidding here too. I'm glad I don't have the added issue of explaining 'changing your mind'

Oosje said...

Ahhhhh.....parenting. The blessings and the "other" blessings.
Enjoy.

Helly said...

Haha, OMG, Todd does this ALL the time-- he tries to say something that earns him a talking-to, and then quickly tries to backtrack with "I'm kidding". Kids!