First submission - Christmas slippers.
Daddy took both kids to the craft store to buy yarn for me for Christmas. They chose something they liked, and I knit for them. The first thing they both chose was slippers.
I also tried doing a cover for my swiffer. I trusted the pattern would fit all swiffers, but it's too small. It is very effective for two reasons: The kids like to use it, and it's both absorbent and scrubby. So, I'll definitely make more, but I'll measure first.
Finally, I took a Fair Isle class and made this little cuff as a sample. At first it was really tedious, but then I learned to do both colors simultaneously, using Continental style knitting in my left hand and English in my right hand, one color for each. It is awesome and looks very cool! I'll definitely do more.
There are two more projects, but each deserves its own post. Watch for them soon!







2 comments:
What beautiful projects. The slippers are so appropriate to both Ace and Moolah. I just love the ballet-style slipper although I would be more inclined to actually wear Ace's ankle style.
It would never have occured to me to make a swiffer cover, but it makes complete sense.
Your Cuff is also beautiful. Glad you learned how to do the two hand two color knitting.
Thanks for sharing.
All that did not add up to a mile?
When I drive places lately I add up the tenths of miles and imagine you knitting that length! Funny.
Swiffer cover = genius.
Ballet shoe slippers = Darling.
Post a Comment