"Pizza!" shouts Ace.
"Pizza! Pizza! Pizza Schmizza!"
Almost every day when I pick him up from school, he makes an enthusiastic request. We usually come on Tuesdays before Irish Dance class. He has a long afternoon of driving and waiting while Moolah dances, and he gets to start it with his usual:
2 giant slices of Cheese Schmizza.
"I want 3 slices today," he says every week, which is almost half a pie here. About 2 1/2 would be perfect for him.
We have a favorite booth, where he watches Looney Tunes without sound. He usually gets a gumball out of the big machine. The staff marvels at his appetite.
Today there is a sign on the door. Closing this weekend.
We will miss Schmizza Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am sad about pizza schmizza - and I've never been there. You painted a beautiful picture, with your words, of a lovely experience, with Ace.
I look forward to reading about what you two will find, not to replace Pizza Schmizza - but to begin a new Tuesday adventure.
Yes!
I see you've begun your knitting for the year.
The first step has been taken.
Congratulations. I know you are having fun...
Post a Comment