Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Next American Idol?

Boo is singing more and more every day. There's "Bus", of course, and "B-I-N-G-O". Now she's added the alphabet and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." The confusing thing is that the alphabet and Twinkle both have the same tune. I only discovered that a couple of years ago. Boo seems to have discovered it right away. So, she tends to blend them together, plus a few other fun tidbits, into something that sounds like:

Winkle, winkle Simon Says
How I wonda R S T
Now I know my
H I J K LaninOP

Winkle, winkle i-ll star
A B C
Next time won't you sing a' me

The song can wrap around on itself several times depending on where she ends up in the alphabet at any given time. So, it can make for several minutes of self-amusement in the car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be slow. I didn't realize the tune repeat until I read this blog. I'm glad Boo doesn't take after me!

How about itsy bitsy spider? Mary had a little Lamb..so many songs to sing.

Anonymous said...

Wow...The things kids pick up on that never occur to us adults is amazing to me...It took me singing both Twinkle Twinkle and ABC to validate her findings but I have done so. Another example of the amazing tool that is the human brain. I love the Boo's version of Twinkle, Simon, ABC! I even sang it to Lil 11 today.