Saturday, February 24, 2007

R2 update from BabyCenter.com

This week your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with his legs extended. He can now open and close his eyes, and he sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. He may suck his fingers. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. Wonder what he's thinking?

The nerve pathways in his ears are developing, which means his response to sounds is growing more consistent. His lungs are developing now, too, as he continues to take small breaths of amniotic fluid — good practice for when he's born and takes that first breath of air. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible that we are able to have this kind of information! I must change my email address on Babycenter.com so I can get this stuff again. Thanks for posting it. I will see R2 "live and in action" very soon. What an experience.