Boo went back to her daytime family yesterday. She walked right up to her daytime Mama and gave her cuddles and kisses. I was very happy that she feels so comfortable and loved at her daytime home. I was also a teeny bit jealous.
Mama went back to work and has been busy trying to catch up.
Daytime Mama has decided that Boo needs to be potty trained before R2 is born. Last week we tried Pull-Ups. Boo loved them. She was very goal oriented about the "Potty Candy", but she hasn't earned much of it yet. Then when she was sick, she didn't want to sit on the potty and I didn't make her. Yesterday Daytime Mama decided she needed panties to give her more immediate cause-and-effect. So, we're working on that. It's exciting, and a little challenging for all. I'll take advice from any parent who is willing to offer it on how to succeed at this new job! Right now, Boo wants to sit on the potty for 20 + minutes and do everything except go potty (sing songs, count her toes, play with the lid, etc.).
Boo's appetite has not quite recovered from her illness, and she's still on antibiotics until tomorrow. Last night I bribed her to eat two bites of dinner by promising her medicine if she did. That tactic probably won't work for very long, unless she takes after her Mama, who also likes medicine.
Through the illness and recovery, Boo and I have spent a lot of time singing songs. I've tried to come up with new songs to sing. She likes ones with series of sounds, like "Ooh eee, ooh ahh ahh, ting tang, walla walla bing bang" from the Witch Doctor. Yesterday I sang her "Ay ay carumba", which she loved and sings "yai yai yai yai yai Bampa"! I also sang her "Zippity Doo Da" and after me singing one or two times, she sang "Zippity do da, zippity ay. Sunshine. Birdy. Doggy." I thought that was pretty good memory!
Speaking of memory, a couple of days ago Boo broke a piece off the dishwasher. I didn't have time to put it back, so I told her we would have Daddy fix it when he got home. Two hours later, when Daddy did get home, Boo walked right up to him and said "Daddy fix dishwasher." We can't get much past her.
Boo and Daddy are home now, so I'm going to collect my hugs and kisses from both.
And, of course:


Thanks Gigi for the new monkey shirt. It's already a favorite!



1 comment:
My goodness, Boo is getting big. We loved the pictures! Boo will tackle the potty thing even if it does take 20 minutes, she'll get the hang of it. The training is just temporary and pretty soon, she'll run in there just like everyone else and do her thing and be done with it and then you'll have another one to train. :0) I think the big girl panties will help. She'll see she's like the big girls at daycare. It's comforting to know she's in a safe place at daycare. Too many kids have parents that don't make sure their's do have a safe place. Boo is there because "you" love her. xo
Post a Comment