Saturday, July 21, 2007

It's Here!

I consolidated the photos I sent last night. I had hoped that the picture quality would be a little better, but you get the idea.

9:41 - R2 on his way


9:42 - Powells City of Books. The worlds largest new and used bookstore.

10:02 - An invitation


10:03 - Another Baby Gryffindor (not R2, I was jealous of the costime!)
10:03 - Platform 9 3/4 at the rear entrance


10:06 - The crowd. The sign said "We're here for Harry"


10:53 - Fawkes the Phoenix


10:54 - Wizards & Witches on stilts
10:57 - Harry and Hedwig
10:59 - Professor Quirrel




11:02 p.m. - Professor McGonagal
11:07 - Professor Trelawny

11:11 - Professor Dumbledore


11:22 - Professor Dumbledore & Hagrid


11:35 - Dobby


11:48 - Draco
11:52 - Voldemort
11:58 - Ginny Weasley
12:01 - Powells opens, the first purchaser emerges and does a victory dance that I didn't get. The line starts moving!!!

12:06 - Grandmother Longbottom

12:12 - Professor Sprout

12:12 - Oh No! Dark Lord has won! (Fred's brother saw spots for a long time after he picked up R2, since dozens of cameras suddenly pointed his direction)

12:16 - The Dark Mark


12:48 - The door is in sight
12:57 - At last!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! To Fred for being the best babysitter ever. My kitchen is cleaner than it has been since Oosje left.

Thanks also to L.T., T.U. & Fred's Brother for coming along with us, and to the folks we met in line. We had a great time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you guys went. And, thank you for inviting my brother. He probably wouldn't have thought to go otherwise and he had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! I had to wait until this morning because 'Lil was sleeping in the "computer" room. We all looked at the hptots. What a Party!

Anonymous said...

I wondered "Who is this GUY?" I think I figured it out. Fred's brother??? Great costume. Mama... who were you? and who was Daddy?

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's my brother dressed as Voldemort.

Mama said...

Mama and Daddy didn't dress up. No reason, we just didn't.

Daddy is upstairs reading right now. I'm actually reluctant to pick the book up. I miss my friends, but I'm so sad that it will end soon.

Anonymous said...

I read a series of 5 books years ago. I know the feeling of not wanting to start the last book. Each book was about a thousand pages. I wanted that last thousand pages to last forever.

Mrs. Tom said...

Tom and I finished it ... within 10 minutes of eachother ... 15 hrs! It's amazing!! :)