Apparently Rainy City has the largest Race on the West Coast. So, we lined up downtown with 50,000 of our new best friends. The crowd never really dispersed, so there wasn't a lot of "race" in the "Race". There were some nice views of a beautiful day in Rainy City, though.
Many people carried memorial flowers:
There were high school cheer squads all along the route, also some musical entertainment. One of a Kind Drumline was there, a group of amazing drummers, who all happen to be under the age of 13 (or thereabouts).
The finish line!
The Boot Camp team
Boo slept through the Race, but did enjoy the post-race cupcake (blue icing is always a favorite).
Teams identify themselves in a variety of ways. Shirts & signs are favorites. I liked the teams with hats. Some hats were simple baseball caps or visors. I was jealous of those who had memorabilia from many past races, so I'm going to have to get working on my collection of pins.

The pins will have to go on a stroller or shirt, because I liked the creative hats even more. Cowboy, fur, feathers, and tiaras seemed to be the most popular. Extra credit to "The Cure or Bust" and their Rainy-State themed bonnets. 













1 comment:
Hey! I know that hoodie!
It looks like you had an AMAZING experience! Hurray for Mama and the Boot Camp Babes!
Post a Comment