Mama's new car. Looking for a name. All of Mama's cars have been named after Japanese food (Rice Burner, White Rice, Sake, and Wasabi), so this one will probably be named after Swedish food. Suggestions accepted.
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
How about Olof?....St. Olof was the most popular Nordic medieval saint, regarded as being both powerful and a good provider. This product bearing his legendary name is Sweden's most popular cheese. St. Olof's origin has been traced back through the centuries when handmade cheeses were produced by local dairymaids and farmer's wives. Today, this semi-soft, double rich cheese is manufactured in Arla Ost's sparkling, ultra-modern creamery in a corner of rural Sweden near the Baltic Sea. St. Olof will last for months in your refrigerator and sharpens with age. Mellow, ultra-rich and rindless, St. Olof is well-suited to everyone's palate. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a late-night snack.
Mama's cars have not only been names for japanese food, they have also mostly been named for the color of the car. This car is BLUE. So I propose the name Blueberry. There are wild blueberry bushes in the northern climate of Sweden.
Blueberries are also one of the few naturally blue-colored foods to be eaten (not to be confused with blue M&M's...NOT a natural food!) Blueberry would also incorporate one of Boo's favorite foods, which would make the name all the more appropriate.
I like the name Moose also, but alas, Moose are BROWN!
PeppAr is good except I think it will be said as peppEr and then will it be the same? Glogg is also on my approval list. A good basic name with a little power to it. (and fun to say... I can just hear Boo saying it)
I realize that I am voting and not suggesting! Is that the perogative of the almost elderly?
If you're gonna go Swedish, I think perhaps you might name it after my favourite character ever. Ms. Pippi Langstrumpf. That has neither to do with the color nor food, though.
Okay. When I learn to drive, I'll buy a Swedish car and name it Pippi.
Mama Daddy Moolah as Big Sister Ace as Little Brother and... Strider as himself
** Guest Starring **
As Mama's Family Tree Drama, Poppa and Opa as "Greats" Oosje and Bampa as "Grands" Uncle & Aunt BSU, and Lil' Eleven as "Cousin" Belle, as herself
As Daddy's Family Tree Gigi & Grandpa as "Greats" Nanna and Papa as "Grands" The Captain, Aunt Fanny, and Cousins Lois and Posey McUncle, McAunt and McCousins Aunt D & Uncle D as "Great Aunt & Uncle"
8 comments:
How about Olof?....St. Olof was the most popular Nordic medieval saint, regarded as being both powerful and a good provider. This product bearing his legendary name is Sweden's most popular cheese. St. Olof's origin has been traced back through the centuries when handmade cheeses were produced by local dairymaids and farmer's wives. Today, this semi-soft, double rich cheese is manufactured in Arla Ost's sparkling, ultra-modern creamery in a corner of rural Sweden near the Baltic Sea. St. Olof will last for months in your refrigerator and sharpens with age. Mellow, ultra-rich and rindless, St. Olof is well-suited to everyone's palate. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a late-night snack.
Chocolate Mousse (Moose). You put the chocolate in dee moose. Bork bork!
Seen here.
Mama's cars have not only been names for japanese food, they have also mostly been named for the color of the car. This car is BLUE. So I propose the name Blueberry. There are wild blueberry bushes in the northern climate of Sweden.
Blueberries are also one of the few naturally blue-colored foods to be eaten (not to be confused with blue M&M's...NOT a natural food!)
Blueberry would also incorporate one of Boo's favorite foods, which would make the name all the more appropriate.
I like the name Moose also, but alas, Moose are BROWN!
Good suggestions. I'm also considering Peppar, a shortened version of Pepparkaka, which is a swedish gingersnap because I love gingersnaps.
Some suggestions:
lutefisk (mmmm, whitefish and lye)
smorgasbord
Akvavit (aka, aqua vitae)
Glogg (mulled wine)
PeppAr is good except I think it will be said as peppEr and then will it be the same? Glogg is also on my approval list. A good basic name with a little power to it. (and fun to say... I can just hear Boo saying it)
I realize that I am voting and not suggesting! Is that the perogative of the almost elderly?
If you're gonna go Swedish, I think perhaps you might name it after my favourite character ever. Ms. Pippi Langstrumpf. That has neither to do with the color nor food, though.
Okay. When I learn to drive, I'll buy a Swedish car and name it Pippi.
Pippi does seem like a strong contender. Otherwise, I'd have to go with Ikea-mobile, or the Lingonberry
Post a Comment