Moolah has been very interested in letters, their names, and their sounds. In addition to Moolah, she can spell Mama, Zoey and Dima. She can also identify most of the sounds with the letters, and sometimes think of a word that starts with a particular letter (beyond a few that she has memorized from repetition, like "A" is for Ace and Amanda, or "D" is for Daddy and Dima.)
This morning she got out the swimming party book, in which a girl named Moolah gets a new pool only to have her swimming party rained out, but her very patient parents save the day by throwing an indoor swimming party. She could find "Moolah" on the pages, which makes the first word she can read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Way to go, Moolah! Times like this it pays to have a short name :-)
Moolah may only be able to read the name "Moolah" on the pages, but I noticed when I read the book to her, if I stopped mid-sentance she could tell me exactly what words came next. It was a fun game and she never got stumped!
Post a Comment