Mothers Day
Mothers Day was perfect. I got to sleep until 9, and then Daddy made breakfast. Quiche and fruit and these, outside in the sunshine. Moolah made me 3 pair of earrings (red, blue & green). I wish I could have seen her make them. Oosje and Daddy helped and said she was very focused on her task (putting the beads on the wire). She says "they sparkle in the sun." She is very proud of them, and I love them. She also got me some flowers and herbs and strawberries, and she helped me plant them in the boxes on our deck. Then we planted a new crop of mushrooms that Oosje brought last year when Ace was born.
Business Planning
I am making good progress on launching my business. Yesterday I met with "my" lawyer. I've never had a lawyer before. I picked a good one. He bought me lunch and paid for my parking, like a real client. He discussed client confidentiality and used big lawyer words. He took notes and promised to follow up. He also said that I could pay him in family barbecue, which is a very good price, and means that we get to see Miss A. and Mr. J. Altogether a pleasant experience.
What Not to Wear
Today I went to a regular lunchtime meeting and someone there said "you are always dressed so well! We always talk about your outfit when you leave." No one has ever said this to me before in my whole life. It felt great.
Moolah's Morning
There are still some birthday treats in our kitchen. This morning, Moolah asked:
"Can I have a cupcake for breakfast?"
"No, Moolah... cupcakes aren't for breakfast. Maybe you can have one tonight if you eat your dinner."
"Can I have birthday cake for breakfast?"
"No."
"Why?"
(some answer about cake not being a healthy breakfast)
"Well, then, can I have a chocolate breakfast muffin?"
Question to readers: Reward creative intelligence, or support healthy eating habits?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Reward creative intelligence, or support healthy eating habits?
Both. Healthy breakfast followed by a reward of... well, a bite of whatever the junk food is she initially requested :)
And hope that she doesn't insist "But I want it NOW!"
yeah... we've had the "how is popcorn any different than cereal?" discussion before. I gotta admit, i've caved on the cupcake for breakfast thing before...semantics just don't matter to a four year old who wants a chocolate cupcake/muffin for breakfast.
Post a Comment