Last night my phone rang during dinner. Caller ID said "Snowy State Gov". That's odd, I thought. I let the machine answer and the voice said "This is [Danny Zuko] and I'm looking for an old high school friend."
Zuko was one of my best friends in high school. After school, he went on a mission to Scotland. Soon after his return, I went to his wedding, which has to date still given me my best wedding stories. Mitch's and Mary's come close, but DZ's wedding was simply unforgettable and sweet. After that, I lost him. Just before Ace was born, I tried to find him and couldn't. I am simply estatic that he found me.
He, Mrs. Zuko, and 4 Zukinis will be having dinner at Strider's House on Friday. I can't wait!
Oh... and for those who are looking for Mama, I'm the fuzzy one in the red sweater on the right.
Zuko was one of my best friends in high school. After school, he went on a mission to Scotland. Soon after his return, I went to his wedding, which has to date still given me my best wedding stories. Mitch's and Mary's come close, but DZ's wedding was simply unforgettable and sweet. After that, I lost him. Just before Ace was born, I tried to find him and couldn't. I am simply estatic that he found me.
He, Mrs. Zuko, and 4 Zukinis will be having dinner at Strider's House on Friday. I can't wait!
Oh... and for those who are looking for Mama, I'm the fuzzy one in the red sweater on the right.



7 comments:
Oh My Gosh!!! I got goose bumps. I am so happy for you to have DA and his family come to dinner to meet your beautiful family. Daddy will hear all sorts of stories. I thrilled.
p.s. that is NOT your best photo shot of the Event! You should have posted the one of you in the purple dress...one of my favorite, all time photos of you.
p.s. Please say hello for me. I was always very fond of Danny Zuko.
Daddy was at the computer with the scanner playing geek games. He was ready to capture Egypt or some such thing, so rather than interrupting his important military campaign, I gave him both photos to scan after his great victory. He chose this one.
Oh, and I got goose bumps, too. I adore Zuko and was sorry I lost him. I am looking forward to meeting his family.
He just confirmed by email that his oldest child is 14, the age we were when we met.
Remember that Danny Zuko grew up in the same town that The Capitan and Aunt Fanny live in...
14! Really!!
So strange.... and I forgot to share this with you all.... When Lil' and I were at the airport waiting for Oosje and Bampa to return from the Rainy State I saw someone who looked just like Danny Zuko. Perhaps it really was! I'm so excited for Strider's Mama to get to introduce her family to the Zuko's!!!
P.S. I agree about the picture!
He says that he hasn't been in the airport for awhile, but he does travel quite a bit. He hopes you will give him a call next time you visit Uncle BSU's family.
Post a Comment