Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Update

The Royal Children came for a sleepover Saturday. There was a carpet picnic, ice cream cones, and even pipe cleaners & hot glue. The picnic & ice cream was planned. The pipe cleaners & hot glue were requested by Prince 5.

Everyone but Ace & Daddy camped out downstairs. There was a big thunder & lightning storm (actually rare for the Rainy City) during the bedtime story. It was scary. I've gotta get curtains for those windows!




Ace is working hard on his walking skills. He can now start & stop, stoop to pick things up, stand without pulling up on something, and even turn a corner.


Moolah saw a Ferris Wheel a month ago or so and has wanted to go on one. On Friday, I saw that they put one up downtown near the river. I told her that we would go. Unfortunately, they apparently were putting it up for this upcoming weekend (who puts a Ferris Wheel downtown on a holiday weekend and doesn't open it!). So, we had to improvise. We went to Oaks Park and rode a few rides, including these. Moolah says that the roller coaster was too scary and she doesn't want to go on it again until she gets a little bigger... maybe.



Monday, Mama did a lot of laundry and cleared out the last of the leftover consignment stuff. Daddy got to go to a soccer game with Mama's lawyer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I drive to and from my parents' house, we pass right by Six Flags Magic Mountain, where you can see all the roller coasters from the freeway (especially pretty when illuminated at night). Todd always clamors about wanting to ride them, and everytime I tell him that he has to wait till he's bigger, he points out that he IS bigger now... which is true, he is bigger than he was the last time he asked!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful night for you all! mini-princess looks so cute in her dress. I love to see kids making STUFF! So much fun.

Ace has made huge strides in his up-right movement in the week since I have seen him. I'm imagining him all over the place.

I'm with Moolah. Roller-coasters are a little scary. The rest of the rides look fun.

call me about the curtains. I only need a couple questions answered for you to get started.

Anonymous said...

the royals had an EXCELLENT time at strider's house. mommy and daddy had an even better time at the posh downtown hotel. THANK YOU!!! i'm still getting reports about the thunder storm. and, of course, prince five INSISTED on getting his own set of pipe cleaners and a hot glue gun this weekend. i'm now wearing a verrry handsome pipe cleaner bracelet. :) his teacher is also getting a fresh supply of fiver created crafts for her desk.

thanks moolah and ace for hosting such a great sleep over!!!

Mama said...

The pipe cleaners and hot glue, along with some fabric scraps, turned into "guys" with hangliders and parachutes. Daddy took everyone outside to throw them off the upper deck.

I thought that with the way Prince 5 asked for pipe cleaners that it was assumed that any reasonably well equipped Mama would have them. It was so simple. "Um, do you have pipe cleaners. I need 6 or 12. 12 would be better." I happened to have a pack of 25. I counted out 12 and he asked whether it was half. We determined it was half-minus-one. Later, when Prince G asked for some of his own and I gave him the rest, Prince 5 was incensed. "THAT'S NOT FAIR! HE GOT MORE!". He was a little befuddled when I pointed out that he got exactly how many he asked for and if he had wanted 13 or 15 or 25, he would have gotten them. He knew that there was still something NOT FAIR, but couldn't quite work out how to get around my logic.