The lipstick is not mine. I never knew whose it was, but Zuko says it was Sandy's. Apparently she refused to kiss him at the end of the show the first two nights, but made her mark on closing night.

Nineteen years, several pounds, and a few grey hairs later
For those of you who knew Zuko, he's exactly what you would expect him to be. He's an engineering professor in a Geology department and works on hydromapping for watershed management. His kids came out conveniently boy (14), girl (12), boy (11), girl (8 mos). The three older ones are polite and well behaved. I would have liked to include them in the conversation more, but we had many years of catching up to do, and they were all very quiet. They wondered why we all looked like such "geeks" in high school. "Dad, why did you tuck in your shirt like that!?!?" All are artistic and athletic.
Mrs. Zuko and the newest Zukini:
Mrs. Zuko is friendly and delightful. Daddy made her cry (with laughter).
Thanks to Daddy and Fred for joining me on the trip down memory lane, and for taking care of all the actual work involved. Dinner was fabulous!



6 comments:
And all this time I thought the picture from the previous post was of Gary Busey (which, needless to say, puzzled me to no end). Never having actually seen Grease, I didn't get the monikers until now. I'm glad you all had a great reunion!
Thank you for sharing your evening with the rest of us. What a great story to read this morning. I have always loved the picture and the reunion picture is a lovely "after" shot. You two look great. Zuko looks as nice as he always was and so does Mrs. Zuko. I'm not surprised Daddy made her cry (with laughter). I wish I had been there to hear all the stories too. Some of them might have been new to me!
P.S. To Daddy and Fred: You two always come through. Mama is a lucky woman to have you in her life...and vice versa. Did any of the reunion stories surprise you?
It looks like it was a fun night. What did Daddy and Fred make for dinner?
that was me!
I don't think there were any surprising stories, but there were some funny ones and I got to see high school pictures of Mama and Danny.
And, Daddy did most of the cooking so he gets the bulk of the credit for a job well done. I did make guacamole for the first time and am glad to say it didn't suck.
Daddy has made a correction. It was Fred who made Mrs. Z cry with laughter.
Post a Comment