Bampa has been helping me with some stuff for my new business. He recommended a book, which I knew I had a copy of, and I knew exactly where it was. All I needed was 5 minutes with a ladder and without kids.
The book had been at my office. In February, we moved into a new building. When I boxed up my personal stuff, I just brought it home. I never took it to the new office, mostly because I plan to be launching my own business soon. It got put on the top shelf of the garage, where I would see it and think "I have to get that down and get it put away".
So, I got out the ladder and started digging in the box. There were several books I wanted to pull out, and I found them all right away. Then I turned to get the top to the box to put it away and I knocked the whole thing off the top of the ladder.
I stood at the top of the latter, looking at shards of my favorite coffee cup and pieces of broken glass all over the garage floor. And I felt GREAT. It was forced and instantaneous letting go of all that baggage.
When I got a broom to clean it up, I found that the glass in my "5 year certificate of appreciation" from my office, and my professional association membership certificates was shattered. None of the family photos were damaged at all.
Isn't that perfect?
So, now the family pictures are safely stored, Moolah's artwork has been saved, the legos are in Daddy's stash, the rest is in the goodwill pile or in the trash, and I am one box closer to my new career.
Whoopee!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
you go girl! i don't suppose you could come over to my house? i still have a few "career" boxes stuffed in mini princess's room. the boxes are gathering dust, taking up room, and generally being a physical reminder of what i don't want to remember. SOOOO glad your's is gone!!!
Ah, more toxic clutter eliminated from the world. Cheers!
Alas, I am a little sad about the glass ornament from your friend. For the rest, the universe is pretty amazing. The family photos were unharmed. How about that!
That kind of experience can create many different stories in your head. I like the one YOU wrote. Congratulations.
I still have the friendship. It is one of the things I will keep from this career. That trinket didn't matter so much. The ladybug I bought at the farmers market from the little girl mattered more. It was fine and it is no longer in a box.
And, Princess, just name a date... I'm on fire with purging these days...
Post a Comment