I've had cravings with both Boo and R2. Things that taste good and that I like to eat. I'm enjoying some canned pineapple right now. But, I haven't had the kind of get-me-creamed-corn-right-now-or-somebody-dies kind of craving that other moms talk about. I haven't even had the honey-will-you-please-stop-what-you're-doing-and-go-get-me kind of craving. During Boo's construction, I think Daddy was a little disappointed about that. He knew that was his job, it was what-Daddys-do. I would sometimes say "hmmm, I'm kind of feeling like..." and he would say "I'll go get that!", but I would respond, "no, it's not that important."
Last night I wanted ice cream. Boo watched a Dora all about chasing an ice cream truck. Daddy said "ice cream sounds good." Then Boo went to bed and Daddy and I watched a movie. In the first few minutes, they had popsicles, although at first I thought they were having Drumsticks. I started thinking about vanilla drumsticks with caramel centers dipped in chocolate and peanuts. I was distracted. About 45 minutes into the movie, there was a 5 minute discussion about ice cream. I had to push pause and ask Daddy to go to the store. He did very well. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, chocolate and caramel syrup, and whipped cream.
So, after fifteen months of pregnancy, Daddy was finally called upon to fulfill his duty and gets an A+ for the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I only had one of those drop everything your doing and go immediately to Taco Bell to get me a bean burrito...do not pass go, do not collect anything before I have my burrito in my hand moments! Ice cream, I don't have to worry about because it's kinda like milk when we were little...you just don't run out. Glad you enjoyed yours....how was the movie? Or did you have to get a recap b/c of a pregnancy movie nap?
Good for Daddy! I wish I was there. It sounds really yummy to me too. Good for R2 too, can't start him too early on ice cream... food for the Gods, to be sure. Remember when we had 18 different kinds of ice cream in our outside freezer? Thanks to the Schwans truck. Dad loves that story. Those were the days.
I saw the whole movie. It was "Little Miss Sunshine", recommended by Oosje and Bampa, among others. It was sweet in the end, although I suspect Oosje and Bampa liked it because our family, too, knew how to start a VW bus on compression to drive it with no clutch. I told Daddy we had done that exact maneuver in Las Vegas. He was dismayed. He said that at least they didn't make the little girl walk over a mountain and fight off wild bears just to get her ice cream.
And Oosje, I'll make sure we're stocked up on Reese's Ice Cream for your visit next week. We'll need a new carton by then, and maybe even a new carton after that, but we will definitely have at least one kind of ice cream in the house.
Oosje....Lucky
we started the car that way in the Disneyland parking lot! I'm sure they were watching us and got the idea for the movie then... and since you two (was Lisa with us?) were NOT tiny beauty-pagent_______
they only used the "pushng the VW part." We. however did not have to run too far. Dad would drive around the block and "pick us up" one at a time. WE did that maneuver all the way to Idaho! Those were the days. I am grateful for Daisy and Bampa's Honda.
Anonymous... you can come over for dinner. I'll cook and "daddy" will get ice cream! I hope you are the ananymous I know... not some strange anonymous!
Oosje....Lil and I will be here thinking of you all enjoying your ice cream...and thinking of our trip to see Boo in December! But thanks for inviting us
My brother is such a good dad! Way to step up and satisfy the craving for mama & R2. Just thought I'd let you know I'm now on my way to get me some ice cream. All this talk has got me thinking about cake batter flavor from Cold Stone-YUM!
Post a Comment