Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Boo's weekend

Boo was sick from Friday through Monday, although still mostly at full-tilt toddler. This has meant a lot of Mama & Boo time. Some highlights included

Boo's first real "sit and watch TV" time. She really likes Dora the Explorer. It holds her attention more than Sesame Street. She also likes Elmo, and Big Bird, but she gets distracted during the other segments.

Simon Says. That's all I'm saying.

Practicing singing "Happy Birthday" to Lil' Eleven.

"pooter, Pooter, POOTER!!!!!". Mama bought a little toy laptop (computer) in the hopes that Boo would play on it and I could get some work done. Her favorite button is the volume button that makes an endless monkey noise until you push another button (which is no fun in Boo's world). What malpracticing toy manufacturer made the volume button BRIGHT RED and right in the middle of the screen? Shouldn't that be a parents-only button? Unfortunately, all of the computers I saw had the same thing and the consequences didn't occur to me until too late!

Two more, of which I have some video -- "Shake your booty" and singing the alphabet. For those of you who have seen Daddy's videos, a disclaimer. Mama did these all by herself and nowhere near as good as Daddy would have. But, I did get them done and even managed to use a transition. Gotta start somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the video...and then I can see her dancing, for real, this weekend! Yea!

Anonymous said...

I had a dream where I was with Boo and R2 at a zoo. R2 was called Elrik