Yesterday I corrected Boo on something. I think it was "inside voice" as she was screeching at the breakfast table. She looked at me and said, "Not talking to Boo." When I told her that I was, in fact, talking to her and repeated the correction, she calmly replied "No, not talking to Boo inside voice." Very clear, very logical. I hear you, Mama, but I'm sure that your rules don't apply to me.
Unrelated... some pictures from this weekend.
Quick, it's not raining... let's go to the park!



Daddy made hamburgers for dinner. They were very yummy. Boo helped by stirring the flour, an important step in making hamburgers.




8 comments:
I am sure that you are going to remember ALL the things I somehow did not. Maybe it is because you know so much more than me and that you have skills I never had. No matter what though, Boo will test you, remind you, correct you, ignore you and even outsmart you. I hope you laugh more than I did. That is the best outcome in the end. A lot more humor, a lot less seriousness.
I just have to say, that it is clear to me that there is Dutch ancestry in your side of the family, solely through this series of photographs. I saw more children in striped pants than anywhere else in the world, in the Netherlands. Nice one.
And we all knew that you'd create a genius. Now you're going to have two of them. Trivial Pursuit is going to be brutal on Daddy.
Yes, there is Dutch heritage, although most people tell that by the nose. I didn't realize the striped pants were also an indicator. We have many pair of striped pants (4 or 5, I think). She's wearing a different pair today. Or, at least she was when she left for daycare. It's not raining here, which means outside play and a high likelihood that she'll come home wearing something different.
Another Dutch trait is height. The Dutch are the tallest people in the world! What happened to us? Oosje is also a Dutch name. Now I must get some striped pants...
Yes, I saw the most striped clothing on children in the Netherlands than anywhere else. Which is why it was very disheartening to be publicly laughed at for wearing my striped knee socks. Perhaps that was due to the other aspects of that ensemble...and the fact that I'd long since passed puberty.
Oosje, yes, you should most definitely find some striped pants for yourself. Alternatively, some really amazing plaid pants. Everyone deserves at least one pair of sassy pants.
Oh, and I failed to mention how cute you look in your capri jeans and baseball hat.
You're gonna be the best mother of a little boy and girl, ever. You have all the necessary traits: love, generosity, killer smarts, an understanding of pizazz, logic, humor, creativity, and candor.
I love how Boo looks like a mini rock star in the striped pants and sun glasses. That kid rocks!
Oosje made me several pair of very sassy plaid flannel pants in the 80's, inspired by the Joker. I think my favorite pair were green & purple with a hot pink highlight. They rocked. I'll see if I can dig up a picture.
Post a Comment