To help me through this difficult event, they took me to the Holiday Inn. I had never been inside, but I had fantasized about it my whole life. It was a giant castle-like building that sat alone on a hill between my house and town.
It surely must be a place of magic and princesses. We went to the restaurant and I got a giant ice cream sundae in a pretty fluted glass just like they have on TV. All that plus a night without an annoying little sister was more fun than I thought was possible. Better than Disneyland.Last night Boo and I went to Boot Camp. While we were working out, someone smashed out the windows of Daddy's car and took his briefcase. Altogether, it could have been a lot worse than it was. The briefcase didn't have much in it. They didn't take any electronics, or Mama's purse. Mama and Daddy are annoyed, frustrated, and inconvenienced. I think the worst part is that we were robbed by rather stupid thieves. It reminded me of when Oosje was helping Mama move to the Rainy State and someone smashed her window and took her suitcase. I'm sure they were upset that they got a bunch of clothes from a 40-year-old woman. Oosje was very upset because she lost a sweater that Mama had knit for her, along with several other useful items. But, nothing that the thieves could sell or trade for their trouble.
Mama was worried about Boo. We had to sit in the parking lot and wait for Daddy to come, and then sit some more while the bank and the police were called. It wasn't very warm, and the car was covered in broken glass. She got to sit in the "way back" under a blanket. Our Boot Camp friends stayed with us and fed her banana chips. Then Boo got to ride home in the front seat of Mama's truck, which is, in Boo's words, "Really fun." She will get to stay there for a couple of days until we can get the window fixed. This morning, she got to go through the car wash in the front seat. From Boo's perspective, a bunch of super fun things all added up in a row. Why don't we do this more often?



3 comments:
That is so awesome that Boo thinks going through the Car Wash is a big deal...mainly because if I recall someone else thinks that's a big event too...
I'm sorry to hear about your vehicle and the annoyance/inconvenience of it all. i hope it doesn't take too much time/money to get it all taken care of.
Did you two eat chocolate while going through the car wash? I know that is how Boo's Mama does it. Too bad about the windows.
The story reminded me of another silly thief who took Drama and Poppa's jetski....lucky for us it was the one that had the bad motor ~ We laughed as we rode the good one the next summer!
((((HUGS)))) One for each of you...Mama, Daddy, Boo and R2...Oh heck (HUG) there's one for Strider, too.
I'm still sad that someone took the beautiful sweater that Mama knit for me. It had very special buttons on it too. What a bummer that whole thing was.
I now remember the thief who took Uncle lee's lantern when we were all in mexico. The next night we left out the case for it so the thief would have a nice case for his "new" lantern. He took it.
Post a Comment