Thursday, November 29, 2007

Beer

I walked into the daytime house. Dima’s Mama was there, putting his coat on. Spencer’s Mama was there, too. Boo and Zoey streaked through the house. Boo saw me and ran to the kitchen, where she got a little plastic toy bottle.

“Look at me, Mama. Look at me! (Glug, glug, glug.) Look at me!!”

“Are you drinking juice, Boo?” I asked. It looked like a Coke bottle. My choice of “juice” was intentional. I wanted to encourage healthy choices in front of all those kids and their Moms.

“No. I’m drinking beer. (Glug. Glug. Glug. Grin).

“Huh. That must be where he gets it from,” said Dima’s Mama.

Yes, that must be where he gets it from. At least it wasn’t Coke, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beer has a long, illustrious history for its medicinal uses. Coke, on the other hand, does not.