Saturday, January 26, 2008

Some facts about Moolah

Cozy Couch Partner
Sit down on a couch. How far are you away from the arm? 6 inches? That's the space Moolah must occupy if I'm on the couch, especially if Ace is nursing. What about the other side of the couch? "There's not enough room over there."

Baby Whisperer
Moolah has developed a very handy (as in self-serving) skill of interpreting for Ace.

"I think Ace wants his big sister."

"I think Ace doesn't want me to eat lunch right now."

(Very high pitched) "Do you want to watch Alphabet, Ace?" (Pitch drops to normal) "I think he said yes!"

"I think Ace likes it when I hold him by the neck."

"I think Ace wants to share this toy with me."

Etcetera.

Elmo's All Star Alphabet
Could watch 34.285 times a day, which is how many times you could see it in 24 hours. She usually manages about 2 viewings a day. One for Mama to get ready in the morning, and one for Mama to get dinner ready in the evening.

She enjoys the songs, including "B is Such a Beautiful Letter" by the Chucky (Dixie) Chicks, "I is Gonna Soak up the Sun" by Sheryl Crow, and "I Love U" by Melissa Ethridge. She always says that Melissa must be cold because she is wearing a sweater (actually a fringed buckskin jacket). Her favorite part, though, is the rapport between the letters A (Nicole Sullivan) and Z (Steven Colbert), who serve as hosts.

Idioms
One of the ways we know she listens to the Alphabet DVD is that she is using the idioms that show up. The other day when Daddy was tucking her in, she said "Goodnight, you big lug."

Nocturnal wanderings
She has slept at least part of the night on a camping mat on our floor almost every night since a couple months before Ace was born. Usually she wanders in sometime in the early morning and talks to us until we maneuver her onto the mat. We've now gotten her to periodically come in and tuck herself in without waking us up. Success!

Daddy DJ
When Moolah gets into Daddy's car, she asks for some music and then starts calling out the songs she wants. She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain. Grabidy. The Head Song (see tomorrow's post). The Whale Song (where she learned about "a child of three."). Sons and Daughters (where she learned about "cimanon")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"big lug"! Hahaha-- are you sure she didn't learn that from Daddy's cohorts? ;-)

The "interpreting" sounds like something Todd does too... except his younger "siblings" consist of his stuffed animals.