Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bikes

Moolah keeps track of things she can't reach and how much she has to grow until she can reach them. The handle above the door in the car is a big goal. The other day, reaching the bathroom door from the potty was important. I measured and showed her with my hands how much she had to grow before she could reach it. She looked closely.

"And," she said, "when I grow this much (holding her arms out wide), I can have a motorcycle."

"You have to grow at least that much before you ride a motorcycle, maybe even a little more."

"No, when I grow this much (demonstration), I can have a motorcycle."

"How about you learn to ride a bicycle first?"

"OH! That's a good idea, Mama!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Riding a bike is for big girls. Now that Moolah is THREE she can do it! The downhill part will be easy. It's getting back up her hill that will take a little work. Maybe she'll have to start up at the park. I remember Mama's bike. It was pink with streamers. Very pretty.

Mama said...

Downhill is actually pretty scary. We're sticking with flat for the time being.