Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sweating in Oz

I love springtime in the rainy state. One day you wake up and the grey world has turned technicolor, as though you were Dorothy stepping out of the black-and-white kansas farmhouse into Oz.

Spring has been slow in coming this year. It snowed several times last week. In a place where snow is rare, but shows up once every couple of years in early January... flurries in late March are very weird.

This week the sun is shining and the colors are glorious. It's still cold, but I've got my moonroof open just the same.

Yesterday was our first outside Boot Camp of the season. I was so excited to be out in the park instead of running around a little gymnasium. It was beautiful. I had my two favorite teachers there and no one else. We worked hard and laughed hard. And, I learned that pushing 50 pounds of kids plus 30 pounds of stroller up a hill is WAY HARDER than pushing them around a polished floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mama! I'll take a day outside, sweating, anytime over being inside. Hooray for Spring!